When you come back home, don’t you leave all of the negative thoughts and emotions behind the door? If yes, this is the right behavior. Because home should be the place where you can “hide” yourself from the outside world. The place, where you can relax completely and “recharge the batteries” every day. So after this you will be able to handle the next “portion” of stress tomorrow. Let’s not kid ourselves – stress is everywhere (especially at work) and you can’t escape from this. Exception is your home. You usually share it with special people – your family, friends or your soulmate. So your place should be comfortable for you and the people you live with.
But if the house is not your property, there are some limits for your creative ideas. You can’t do any general repairs. But there are some things, left, which you could add or change. For example:
- Textiles – there is a wide range of possibilities – curtains, interesting and original pillows, bed covers, carpets. You could select any beautiful, different patterns, which you like the most;
- Flowers – you could place some flowers in pots, or in vases. It’s preferable to have natural than synthetic ones. That’s the idea – to be alive and to bring life and colour to your home. Make a special stand for the pots and arrange the flowers. Choose plants, which do not need any special care, if you think you will not have enough time for them;
- The containers for food – do you always use your new cutlery and luxurious dishes? They will make your kitchen table look better;
- Decorations – don’t hesitate to decorate your bedroom, living room or any room with anything that comes to your mind – like paintings, sculptures, photos, photo wallpapers. You could also use candelabra, bowls with colored sand or beads, statuettes and figurines and etc.;
- Maintain your place clean – it’s important for every household. Domestic cleaning is essential for the nice appearance of the home. And last, but not least – sanitising is too important for housing rental. So the End of tenancy cleaning after possible moving out will be easier.
Everyone wants a nice home – there is nothing unusual with it. Because this is the real purpose of home – to feel safe and calm there, to experience some positive emotions. As it has been said – “My home is my castle”.